Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Free natural convection - help to find example

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

So for geometry I have the Mount St. Helens and the idea was to simulate wind flow around it. That was relatively easy, using laminar flow (spf).

The next step is to "turn off" the inflow and induce the flow by heating the soil, or to see the convective flow only. That is not so easy any more, I don't even know what physics should I use - heat transfer in fluids? Conjugate heat transfer? Non-isothermal flow?

I searched the model gallery and there are loosely similar problems solved, but I'm not sure what kind of model corresponds most closely to the problem described. Any help?

0 Replies Last Post 2016年1月3日 GMT-5 10:40
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Heido Trofimov

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.