Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Welding simulation with stored residual stresses, Additive manufacturing SMD

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys.

I'm trying to simulate 3D welding (additive manufacturing technique) with shaped metal deposition (SMD) on a plate. I try to use molted metal to build a platform and simulate this in COMSOL to compute deformation and develop this technique to minimize residual stresses.

I use a 3-Dimensional part that is time dependent and with studies as thermal stress and, solid mechanics and heat transfer. And I try to use a little cylinder to transfer heat to my part, this with parametric/auxiliary sweep.

The problem is that COMSOL doesn't save the values or the stresses in the material, it just animates the heat and movement in a single point (the point of the cylinder moving). I also tried "Load group" with load cases, but i can not use this in time dependent study. Can't find any tutorials on this either.

Thankful for all the help I can get.

0 Replies Last Post 2016年1月6日 GMT-5 11:25
COMSOL Moderator

Hello David Winqvist

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.