Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Four-wave mixing in Comsol (or three wave mixing, nonlinear optics)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I design a Silicon waveguide. I have calculated the modes (effective index, loss) for different wavelength. Now I want to give two input, one is the signal wavelength and the other one is the pump wavelength at the one end of the waveguide. Because of the kai(3) process, it will produce an idler wavelength (Degenerated four-wave mixing process). How to simulate this process in Comsol, especially how to give two input in Comsol and how to write the polarization P as a function of the electric field of pump and signal.

0 Replies Last Post 2017年3月31日 GMT-4 11:46
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Qi Zhong

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.