COMSOL Inc. is seeking an Applications Engineer with a specialty in Structural Mechanics to join its team in Palo Alto, CA. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in the finite element method, solid mechanics, and numerical methods. In particular we are looking for someone with experience in one or more of the following areas that include nonlinear material modeling (plasticity, viscoelasticity, hyperelasticity, creep and viscoplasticity), contact mechanics, fatigue and nonlinear structural dynamics. In addition to these, any experience in multiphysics analysis such as electromechanical modeling, thermal-structure interaction and fluid-structure interaction would be desirable.
We sell to several top engineering and scientific teams in the San Francisco Bay Area and the Western US. These range from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies to national labs to technical universities and their activities cover a wide span of engineering disciplines. This is a small-office environment in a rapidly growing, diverse company. As such, you will be entrusted with a broad range of responsibilities, allowing for personal and professional growth.
- Interact with COMSOL customers in government, industry, and academia.
- Support the usage of COMSOL Multiphysics by addressing technical concerns, providing guidance, advice, and modeling assistance in a wide variety of application areas, particularly those involving heat transfer, structural mechanics, fluid dynamics, acoustics, electromagnetics, and multiphysics modeling.
- Develop models that show features and capabilities of COMSOL Multiphysics.
- Develop and teach training classes.
- Give COMSOL product demonstrations at seminars, workshops, webinars, conferences, and meetings with customers.
- Work collaboratively with developers to implement new features and participate in the overall product development of COMSOL Multiphysics.
- M.S. or Ph.D. (preferred) in engineering, physical sciences, or life sciences.
- Demonstrated experience with computational modeling.
- Business oriented and willing to work with customers on a daily basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with strong time-management skills.
- 5%-10% travel per month.
- Eligibility to work in the US.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of physics application areas and to work on problems spanning all engineering fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech software company.
- Casual atmosphere in a small-office environment in the heart of Silicon Valley.
COMSOL provides software solutions for multiphysics modeling. We are a fast growing high-tech engineering software company with a proven track record and a vision as a future leader of the industry. The COMSOL organization was founded in July 1986 in Stockholm Sweden. We have grown to include offices in Palo Alto, Boston, Los Angeles, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland, India, Brazil, and China. COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Applications Engineer: Structural Mechanics
||Palo Alto, CA, USA
Cover Letter and Resume
Optional Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Information
COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Any information you
volunteer below is for compliance with government regulations and guidelines only.