Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Periodicity in current carrying coils and DC current with AC current

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Researchers,
I am trying to simulate a magnetostrictive SAW device, which is energized by ac current (I am applying external current density domains of Magnetic Fields Physics as in www.comsol.com/model/nonlinear-magnetostrictive-transducer-6063). I have applied a large air domain surrounding my device. And I have two problems:

(1) Like a piezoelectric SAW device, I want to make a unit cell of the SAW device, but the problem is in piezoelectric SAW devices (as in www.comsol.com/model/download/275521/models.mems.saw_gas_sensor.pdf), I want to apply a periodic boundary condition, but this time this is not possible (I believe that is because of the air domain). Can you please give me any idea how to solve this problem.

(2) Along with the ac current, I would like to apply a dc current also, and I have no idea, how to do this. I am using frequency domain study.

(3) Lastly, as in the piezoelectric SAW gas sensor, eigen frequency was applied to calculate the resonant frequency, but are there any other method to determine the resonant frequency? Is there any way to calculate the S-parameters?

Thank you.
Khalid

0 Replies Last Post 2016年2月2日 GMT-5 19:24
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Khalid Ibne Masood

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.