Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to use solid analysis's stress to be a function of another diffusion analysis's coefficient?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,everyone!

I am doing an analysis coupling of structural mechanics and classic PDE Convection-Diffusion Equation.

I make two physics and two study in the model and I can analyse them seperately.

Firstly, I will do the study1 (structural mechanics) and get von mises stress, "solid.mises."

Then I want to analyse the PDE Convection-Diffusion Equation (study2) in which the equation is da(∂u2/∂t)+▽(-c▽u2)+β▽u2=f

I hope that "da" can be a function the "solid.mises." that means the coefficient is different in each element according to their stress situation.

I search in the forum and it seems related to "dependent variables" but I can not find where to get the "solid.mises"

then I think maybe I should define and variable as solid.mises. but it still failed.

Could you please tell me that what should I do, thank you very much.

0 Replies Last Post 2016年3月31日 GMT-4 21:08
COMSOL Moderator

Hello chen xiaoxi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.