Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling of phase change

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Comsol user,

I have one conceptual question...
I would like to model phase change of solid due to heat transfer from fluid above. Intuitively i should model the melting of solid using " heat transfer with phase change". But in different examples it is modeled differently. I found three examples till now "Cooling and Solidification of Metal" , "Tin Melting Front" and one with phase change of ice.
Use of either deformed geometry or phase change should give me the same result.

What is the difference between both of the approaches?

2 Replies Last Post 2016年4月25日 GMT-4 03:08
François Mandias COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年4月11日 GMT-4 02:51
Dear Parth Swaroop,

I advise you address your post straight to: support@comsol.com

Best regards,
François Mandias
Dear Parth Swaroop, I advise you address your post straight to: support@comsol.com Best regards, François Mandias

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年4月25日 GMT-4 03:08

Dear Parth Swaroop,

I advise you address your post straight to: support@comsol.com

Best regards,
François Mandias

Dear Francois,

Can you tell me how to find the direction of normal vector at an interface? This interface is modeled as deformed geometry, thus i want to know the normal vector in order to specify the "prescribed normal mesh velocity".

I couldn't locate it in the expression options for deformed geometry or geometry in itself.

Kind Regards
Parth
[QUOTE] Dear Parth Swaroop, I advise you address your post straight to: support@comsol.com Best regards, François Mandias [/QUOTE] Dear Francois, Can you tell me how to find the direction of normal vector at an interface? This interface is modeled as deformed geometry, thus i want to know the normal vector in order to specify the "prescribed normal mesh velocity". I couldn't locate it in the expression options for deformed geometry or geometry in itself. Kind Regards Parth

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.