Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to do half model analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
i am doing a simulation where no. of elements and nodes are very large. that is why time taken is very large. my restriction is i can't take larger time step as well as coarser mesh.
so all i want to know if i can use the half model FEM analysis in COMSOL. if YES then HOW?
thanks

3 Replies Last Post 2016年4月19日 GMT-4 13:26
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年4月18日 GMT-4 07:42
Of course. You will find many examples in the documentation and on this website that take advantage of planar symmetry, antisymmetry, axisymmetry, or periodicity (linear or angular). See www.comsol.com/model/permanent-magnet-78, etc...
Jeff
Of course. You will find many examples in the documentation and on this website that take advantage of planar symmetry, antisymmetry, axisymmetry, or periodicity (linear or angular). See https://www.comsol.com/model/permanent-magnet-78, etc... Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年4月19日 GMT-4 12:45
thanks Jeff,
but the link which u have sent is outdated, thats what its saying wen i am trying to open it. it would be great if you can send any other example link that can help me to solve my problem.

regards,
manish
thanks Jeff, but the link which u have sent is outdated, thats what its saying wen i am trying to open it. it would be great if you can send any other example link that can help me to solve my problem. regards, manish

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年4月19日 GMT-4 13:26
Make sure to remove the comma at the end of the URL and it will work.
Please note that this is only one example. You will find many more by searching the Application Gallery for words like symmetry/symmetric, periodicity/periodic, axisymmetry/axisymmetric, etc, depending on what your interests are.
Jeff
Make sure to remove the comma at the end of the URL and it will work. Please note that this is only one example. You will find many more by searching the Application Gallery for words like symmetry/symmetric, periodicity/periodic, axisymmetry/axisymmetric, etc, depending on what your interests are. Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.