Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Best Way to Incident Electric Field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm currently working on modeling a 2D gradient index metamaterial lens and studying the electric field intensity inside it. My geometry consists of vertical alternating layers of two different materials (Ag and Alumina) and I have to incident a plane wave from the top of the resulting rectangle and study the x-component of the resultant electric field intensity inside the lens. I've used port excitation, surface current, initial electric field at the upper boundary (which is also surrounded by a PML) but I can't seem to get my results. I'm 100% sure my geometry and physics are correct, so this definitely has something to do with my physics. Can anyone help me out with this? :)

1 Reply Last Post 2016年5月8日 GMT-4 22:18

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年5月8日 GMT-4 22:18
You may want to try calculation of scattered field, where you can specify incident wave by expression input.

--
Pu, ZHANG
DTU Fotonik
You may want to try calculation of scattered field, where you can specify incident wave by expression input. -- Pu, ZHANG DTU Fotonik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.