Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnetic Gear 2D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I am doing the Magnetic Gear 2D tutorial and the results seem to be different with that provided. There seems no flux densigty in steel poles area.
It is stated in the tutorial in page 19 that it just adds air to Component 1but doesn't state any areas. However, it is impossible to put no materials for some areas otherwise it would raise errors. So I am wondering if there are any problems.
Link provides here: www.comsol.com/model/download/308751/magnetic_gear_2d.pdf

1 Reply Last Post 2016年5月23日 GMT-4 09:01
Nirmal Paudel COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年5月23日 GMT-4 09:01
Hi Jianbin,

When you add the first material i.e. Air in this example, it will automatically add Air material to all the domains. In the next step, once the second material: Soft Iron (without losses) in this example is added, the existing Air will be overridden with Soft Iron in Domains 22 and 49.
Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Nirmal
Hi Jianbin, When you add the first material i.e. Air in this example, it will automatically add Air material to all the domains. In the next step, once the second material: Soft Iron (without losses) in this example is added, the existing Air will be overridden with Soft Iron in Domains 22 and 49. Hope this helps. Best Regards, Nirmal

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.