Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting unwrapped phase

Tom Alexander Solgård

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am plotting the phase response of a loudspeaker, and I want to unwrap it (like what the Matlab command unwrap() does)

www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/ref/unwrap.html

Any ideas?

4 Replies Last Post 2013年8月30日 GMT-4 07:50
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年11月26日 GMT-5 17:44
Hi

good remark, I have looked for something like that too, the atan2(,) I normally use does not unwrap ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi good remark, I have looked for something like that too, the atan2(,) I normally use does not unwrap ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Tom Alexander Solgård

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年12月3日 GMT-5 12:13

Is it possible to use a Matlab function like unwrap() inside Comsol Desktop in some way?
Is it possible to use a Matlab function like unwrap() inside Comsol Desktop in some way?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年12月4日 GMT-5 07:43
Hi

probably yes, as there is the "external" function operator, but I have never tried it (yet) in V4

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi probably yes, as there is the "external" function operator, but I have never tried it (yet) in V4 -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月30日 GMT-4 07:50
I use the unwrap function (as an external Matlab function) but get very strange results while plotting ... added a post about it. The phase doesn't become smooth using unwrap in Comsol, instead it shows a lot of phase jumps ??? We (2 PhD's and I) have been struggling and we can't find the problem ...
I use the unwrap function (as an external Matlab function) but get very strange results while plotting ... added a post about it. The phase doesn't become smooth using unwrap in Comsol, instead it shows a lot of phase jumps ??? We (2 PhD's and I) have been struggling and we can't find the problem ...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.