Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Failed to find a solution on popped up while simulated a 2 spiral coils

Annisa Nur F Fitriani

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone
I am trying to model a 2-spiral coil system consisting of transmitter coil and receiver coil.
I use the magnetic field and electrical circuit physics and time dependent study in order to get the induction voltage and magnetic flux density value.
I set the coils as single turn coil with circuit current as the coil excitation. I chose a sine source with voltage source of 2 V and frequency of 500 kHz.
But, I got an error like this:

Failed to find a solution.
Singular Matrix

For mesh-case 0 There are 1958 degrees of freedom that do not occur in any equation (empty columns in matrix) for the variable comp1.mf.Vcoil.
at coordinates: (-0.00556995,-0.00127249,-0.000349562), .........
Last time step is not converged.
-Feature: Time-Dependent Solver 1 (sol2/t1)

Would you like to give me some advise on how to simulate this correctly?
I really appreciate any help you can provide.
Thank you very much

2 Replies Last Post 2016年6月28日 GMT-4 09:05

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年6月28日 GMT-4 08:21
This is 3D, right? Have you defined an electric conductivity to all domains? Even air should have a non-zero value, 1 S/m will do.

Regards

Jens
This is 3D, right? Have you defined an electric conductivity to all domains? Even air should have a non-zero value, 1 S/m will do. Regards Jens

Annisa Nur F Fitriani

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年6月28日 GMT-4 09:05
Hello Jens..

Yes, it is 3D and I have defined the air conductivity as 10 S/m.

I have read all thread with simillar problem. It is said that there is a problem on the material definition and boundary condition.
I have rechecked the materials and BC, but I think everything is fine..

Do you have any advice?

Thank you, Jens

Regards,
Annisa
Hello Jens.. Yes, it is 3D and I have defined the air conductivity as 10 S/m. I have read all thread with simillar problem. It is said that there is a problem on the material definition and boundary condition. I have rechecked the materials and BC, but I think everything is fine.. Do you have any advice? Thank you, Jens Regards, Annisa

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.