Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

[Solved] Error in Sweep - Invalid Property Value

Jean-Christophe Lavocat

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello community,

I have a problem with a file that was running fine without parametric sweep. I tried to implement the parameter sweep, but it seems I run into troubles.

Here is the error message :
""""
Error in sweep : the following feature has encountered a problem
The following feature has encountered a problem
- Feature : Time-dependent Solver 1 (sol3/t1)
- Error : Invalid property value
"""

It is strange because the calculation seems to run fine, but, when the output comes, there is just this problem, and no solution at all.

Under the solver 3 (which is the one dedicated to my time dependent problem, I get this :
"""
Invalid property value.
- Property: solnum
'Solution' is an array of integers.
- : ""
"""

Any ideas?

11 Replies Last Post 2016年10月21日 GMT-4 09:22
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年12月7日 GMT-5 08:26
Hi

the solnum issue (iof I remember right) was related to table entries in the postprocessing/results section. The cleanes was to delete the solvr sequence and restart but that deletes also all the postprocessing.

Now if you flip to 4.1 latest patch it does not happen eny more ;) at least not for me

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the solnum issue (iof I remember right) was related to table entries in the postprocessing/results section. The cleanes was to delete the solvr sequence and restart but that deletes also all the postprocessing. Now if you flip to 4.1 latest patch it does not happen eny more ;) at least not for me -- Good luck Ivar

Jean-Christophe Lavocat

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年12月7日 GMT-5 08:39
Thank you. I actually tried, but it didn't work.

I started with a model that worked with no parametric sweep, I erased all the solutions, created a new study, erased the old one, deleted the stored solutions... and same error message.

I have been waiting for some days to know if we would receive the 4.1 or not. i am still using the Comsol 4.0a(lpha?). So I'll see if I get a reply from the sales dept.
Thank you. I actually tried, but it didn't work. I started with a model that worked with no parametric sweep, I erased all the solutions, created a new study, erased the old one, deleted the stored solutions... and same error message. I have been waiting for some days to know if we would receive the 4.1 or not. i am still using the Comsol 4.0a(lpha?). So I'll see if I get a reply from the sales dept.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年12月7日 GMT-5 10:46
Hi

I received it a few days ago, but the best is to get go to the COMSOL conference, there you get at least the latest available on that date (and you learn a lot in the minicourses + exchnge with us others meeting up)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I received it a few days ago, but the best is to get go to the COMSOL conference, there you get at least the latest available on that date (and you learn a lot in the minicourses + exchnge with us others meeting up) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年3月5日 GMT-5 13:42
It works for version 4.10.154
It works for version 4.10.154

Jean-Christophe Lavocat

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年3月5日 GMT-5 13:43
Yes indeed, I didn't updated my message, but the bug was fixed in the new release.
Yes indeed, I didn't updated my message, but the bug was fixed in the new release.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年3月7日 GMT-5 17:20
It is very strange, because this bug appears only on my workstation with a windows xp x64; I've passed my project file to my collegue with a pc with windows 7 64bit, comsolo 4.0a and it has not any error.
I don't know if it is only a coincidence.

Anyway, I've just updated to 4.1.
Thank you.
It is very strange, because this bug appears only on my workstation with a windows xp x64; I've passed my project file to my collegue with a pc with windows 7 64bit, comsolo 4.0a and it has not any error. I don't know if it is only a coincidence. Anyway, I've just updated to 4.1. Thank you.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月11日 GMT-4 21:26
Hi,
I am facing the same problem with the "solenum" expression. I am working on the latest version of COMSOL 4.3 and have updated with the latest available update on the site.
I am basically doing an iterative study . And in each iteration I have a study state solution and two time-dependent studies.

Java exception occurred:
Exception:
com.comsol.nativeutil.properties.InvalidPropertyValueException:
Invalid property value
- Property: solnum

X is Y#Solution#an array of integers
- : "1"

" Error in para_3_steady_testing (line 477)
Y(:,2) = (mphinterp(model,'T','coord',[x_pos;y_pos],'t',100,'solnum','3'))'; "

Is there something wrong with the formula or something wrong with COMSOL.
Should I have to use an older version for this I tried this for both COMSOL 4.2 v and COMSOL 4.3 v

Thanxs

Rajeev
Hi, I am facing the same problem with the "solenum" expression. I am working on the latest version of COMSOL 4.3 and have updated with the latest available update on the site. I am basically doing an iterative study . And in each iteration I have a study state solution and two time-dependent studies. Java exception occurred: Exception: com.comsol.nativeutil.properties.InvalidPropertyValueException: Invalid property value Messages: Invalid property value - Property: solnum X is Y#Solution#an array of integers - : "1" " Error in para_3_steady_testing (line 477) Y(:,2) = (mphinterp(model,'T','coord',[x_pos;y_pos],'t',100,'solnum','3'))'; " Is there something wrong with the formula or something wrong with COMSOL. Should I have to use an older version for this I tried this for both COMSOL 4.2 v and COMSOL 4.3 v Thanxs Rajeev

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月12日 GMT-4 01:38
Hi

I suggest that you submit that one to support, it has to do with the indexing into the Data Sets, and how those are reset, at least that is what I suspect.

Or its simply that your solnum is out of range, within the GUI they go from 1 to n, there is no solnum 0 or is it used for the default "t" ? do not know

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I suggest that you submit that one to support, it has to do with the indexing into the Data Sets, and how those are reset, at least that is what I suspect. Or its simply that your solnum is out of range, within the GUI they go from 1 to n, there is no solnum 0 or is it used for the default "t" ? do not know -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月12日 GMT-4 17:35
thanxs Ivar

I have tried different combination for the command to see if anything works, but nothing seems to be working. We are going to contact the support for this.
thanxs
thanxs Ivar I have tried different combination for the command to see if anything works, but nothing seems to be working. We are going to contact the support for this. thanxs

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年11月14日 GMT-5 18:14
any solution from support? I am on 4.3b and I am having the same problem. Definitely the table of solutions is not being reset....
any solution from support? I am on 4.3b and I am having the same problem. Definitely the table of solutions is not being reset....

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年10月21日 GMT-4 09:22
Hi,

I am for sure a bit late with my answer, but better late than never :D. This error message appears usually when one is using continuation sweep for parameter which relates to the geometry or the mesh. It uses the previous solution as initial guess for the next parameter step, but this is correct only for the same degrees of freedom, which is not the case when the geometry and/or the mesh are modified. The same will happen, when one takes the initial values of variables solved or not solved for from solution with continuation sweep and use this in a new study, where the degrees of freedom will change ( e.g. trough automatic remeshing or adaptive mesh refinement). So hope that this information will helps you to get rid of those irritating errors.

Best regards
Antoni Artinov
Hi, I am for sure a bit late with my answer, but better late than never :D. This error message appears usually when one is using continuation sweep for parameter which relates to the geometry or the mesh. It uses the previous solution as initial guess for the next parameter step, but this is correct only for the same degrees of freedom, which is not the case when the geometry and/or the mesh are modified. The same will happen, when one takes the initial values of variables solved or not solved for from solution with continuation sweep and use this in a new study, where the degrees of freedom will change ( e.g. trough automatic remeshing or adaptive mesh refinement). So hope that this information will helps you to get rid of those irritating errors. Best regards Antoni Artinov

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.