Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat transfer in solids coupled with Transport of diluted species

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to couple heat transfer in solids with transport of diluted species.

Reaction rate R = -Ca* (A*exp(-E/RT))

I want to impose temperature constraint on this reaction. I want the reaction to be happen only between the temperature range of 500-580K.

I'm using R = -(Ca* (A*exp(-E/RT)))*(500<T<580)

Heat Source Q = heat of reaction*chds.R

Also, heat should release whenever there is temperature of 500-580K because of the reaction and there should be no heat release after reactant convert to the products even the temperature is between 500-580K.

Please let me know where i'm doing wrong.

Thanks in Advance
Krish

2 Replies Last Post 2016年7月18日 GMT-4 14:30

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年7月18日 GMT-4 14:00
Heat generation should be a function of reaction rate which is a function of concentration. What is Ca in your equation? If Ca is the concentration then it is automatically takes into account of concentration of reacting substance.
Heat generation should be a function of reaction rate which is a function of concentration. What is Ca in your equation? If Ca is the concentration then it is automatically takes into account of concentration of reacting substance.

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年7月18日 GMT-4 14:30
Hi Birla,

First, Thank you for your response. Yes, Ca is concentration of reactant.

R = -(Ca* (A*exp(-E/RT)))*(500<T<580)

Is it correct way to impose constraint on reaction rate?

Thanks in advance
Krish
Hi Birla, First, Thank you for your response. Yes, Ca is concentration of reactant. R = -(Ca* (A*exp(-E/RT)))*(500

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.