Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Segregation Errors

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I am a beginner, this is my first COMSOL project. I have to simulate a peizoresistive polymer based pressure sensor. However, the study shows segregation errors, if I try to manually add all variables to the same segregation node and delete other nodes as suggested by some previous discussions I get an error message saying " Segregated solver steps do not involve all components". I get some errors like " Failed to evaluate operator. - Operator: mean - Geometry: geom1 - Boundary: 17" too. I'm not sure how to solve it. I have attached my model, without meshing becaues of the file size. .

1 Reply Last Post 2016年7月27日 GMT-4 16:41
Andreas Bick COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年7月27日 GMT-4 16:41
Dear Vivilin Gunasingh,

unfortunately it seems that you didn't attach the model. Have you tried switching to a "Fully Coupled" solver? You can do that by right-clicking on the solver in the "Solver Configuration" located in the "Study" node.

Cheers,

Andreas
Dear Vivilin Gunasingh, unfortunately it seems that you didn't attach the model. Have you tried switching to a "Fully Coupled" solver? You can do that by right-clicking on the solver in the "Solver Configuration" located in the "Study" node. Cheers, Andreas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.