Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

MEF simulation not converging

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am simulation the electric and magnetic field using MEF of some coils at 1MHz. This is a frequency domain study but for some reason, the iterative solver never converges and approaches the relative tolerance before shooing up again. (it uses GMRES, I have also tried FGMRES
When is set the relative tolerance to .001, looking at the convergence plot gets down to an error of ~.01 before restarting endlessly. I change the relative tolerance to .1, and then the convergence plot only reaches .5 or so.

What is be best way to achieve convergence? I have tried changing the mesh multiple times, but that makes no difference.

1 Reply Last Post 2016年9月16日 GMT-4 07:54
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年9月16日 GMT-4 07:54
Loic,

Did you try to set non-zero conductivity of air and add Gauge Fixing for A-Field

Regards,
Sergei
Loic, Did you try to set non-zero conductivity of air and add Gauge Fixing for A-Field Regards, Sergei

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.