Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to export the slice image from 3D ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello,

I am building a 'human head' model, in the 'electrostatics' division of the 'AC/DC module'. I create a plot slice of my model. I need to export that plot slice to JPG or JPEG or PNG. How do i do?

5 Replies Last Post 2016年10月4日 GMT-4 02:18
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年9月28日 GMT-4 23:16
With the slice plot displayed on the screen the way you like it, look under "Results" and right-click "Export".
Select "3D Image." In the Settings section for that, fill in the details (like choosing which plot group, path and filename, set the format to JPEG, etc.) and choose "Export"
With the slice plot displayed on the screen the way you like it, look under "Results" and right-click "Export". Select "3D Image." In the Settings section for that, fill in the details (like choosing which plot group, path and filename, set the format to JPEG, etc.) and choose "Export"

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年9月28日 GMT-4 23:16
Note: You can also use the camera tool to capture an image of a plot. That's convenient if you just want to paste it into a report.
Note: You can also use the camera tool to capture an image of a plot. That's convenient if you just want to paste it into a report.

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年9月30日 GMT-4 04:44
Hello Mr. Robert,

Thank you for your answer. It had solved almost my problem. Now, how to display slices plot like CT-scan result (I sent a picture of CT-scan result. Please, check it). It's possible or not for COMSOL? If it's possible, how do I do?
Hello Mr. Robert, Thank you for your answer. It had solved almost my problem. Now, how to display slices plot like CT-scan result (I sent a picture of CT-scan result. Please, check it). It's possible or not for COMSOL? If it's possible, how do I do?

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年10月3日 GMT-4 21:05
Well, I don't normally display slices that way. I suppose you could export the individual slices to MatLab or another application, then arrange them that way. Perhaps another user here can offer a simpler or better suggestion?
Well, I don't normally display slices that way. I suppose you could export the individual slices to MatLab or another application, then arrange them that way. Perhaps another user here can offer a simpler or better suggestion?

Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年10月4日 GMT-4 02:18
You can use the Deformation attribute to achieve this effect: If you want to display an M-by-N grid of plots as shown in your example, then you create a 2D plot group containing M*N plots where each of the plots has a difference deformation. You need set Scale factor to 1 in the Deformation attributes for this to have the intended effect.
You can use the Deformation attribute to achieve this effect: If you want to display an M-by-N grid of plots as shown in your example, then you create a 2D plot group containing M*N plots where each of the plots has a difference deformation. You need set Scale factor to 1 in the Deformation attributes for this to have the intended effect.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.