Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unit Problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear,

I encounter a problem when I try to enter units of some parameters such that
1.4E-4[1/week]
Can you please help me on that?
Regards,
Kevser

3 Replies Last Post 2016年10月11日 GMT-4 08:07
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年10月10日 GMT-4 11:09
Hello Kevser,
I don't believe "week" is a recognized unit for time. See Reference Manual, version 5.2a page 197 and following for a listing of recognized units.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Kevser, I don't believe "week" is a recognized unit for time. See Reference Manual, version 5.2a page 197 and following for a listing of recognized units. Best, Jeff

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年10月11日 GMT-4 02:48
Hello,

Yes, Jeff is right, "week" is not a recognized time unit, but "day" (or just "d") is, so you can define a parameter "week" using the expression "7[d]" and then use it to represent the amount of time that is a full week.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hello, Yes, Jeff is right, "week" is not a recognized time unit, but "day" (or just "d") is, so you can define a parameter "week" using the expression "7[d]" and then use it to represent the amount of time that is a full week. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年10月11日 GMT-4 08:07
Many thanks for the kind replies.
Many thanks for the kind replies.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.