Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RF module, scattered field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am trying to simulate a Frequency Selective Surface (FSS) [operating in reflection mode] using Scattered field simulation. So, in Scattered field simulation, we need to define Background Electric Field (which I think working as an Incident Wave) and the result, that we are getting from Scattered field simulation, is Relative Electric Field.

Now, my query is, what is this Relative Electric Field representing? Is this Relative Electric Field representing only the Reflected Wave (in case of my design)? I mean, when I am trying to plot the direction of Relative Electric Field through Arrow Volume Plot, the result that COMSOL is showing - is that the direction of only Reflected Wave?

And, I also want to know that, for modelling FSS (either in Transmission mode or in Reflection mode) using RF module, what is the basic difference between solving for Full Field and Scattered Field?

It will be really helpful, if anyone could clear my confusions.

Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 2016年11月17日 GMT-5 12:38
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rakhee Biswas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.