Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particle Size Issue for Particle Tracing in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, everyone.

I am facing an interesting issue in COMSOL : the radius of the particle I wanna trace does not change even I change the radius size/number.

I am simulating a microfluid--droplet ejection. My plan is to see how the droplet moves in the pinch-off process. I am using the node "Particle Tracing" under velocity node. My geometry is in micro scale--the nozzle is 25 um and droplet or fluid is also around 25 um. So I set the radius of the particle is 2.5e-8 m. But as shown in my attached picture, the particle is too big. so I change them into 1e-10 m, however still same size particle is there, nothing change.

I was wonder how this happen. Is there a limit for comsol to represent the particle size?

1 Reply Last Post 2017年2月1日 GMT-5 18:46

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年2月1日 GMT-5 18:46
Problem solved by using "Radius scale factor", just setting it to 1
Problem solved by using "Radius scale factor", just setting it to 1

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.