Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to apply both voltage and current simultaneously to the cable?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, everyone,

I build a model to study the magnetic field and electrical field of two cables. I have the voltage data and current data. But how can I apply both voltage and current simultaneously to the cable?

For example, in MF interface, we can use single turn to apply voltage but how to import correct and related-to-voltage current?

Thank you very much,
Have a good day,
Bin

5 Replies Last Post 2017年3月8日 GMT-5 04:06
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年3月7日 GMT-5 17:21
You can't set both. Mr. Ohm said: R = U/I

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
You can't set both. Mr. Ohm said: R = U/I -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年3月7日 GMT-5 19:10
Thank you very much. But for example, I have a big distribution system including lots of nonlinear loads. If I can't set both voltage and current, how can I get the correct magnetic field and electric field?

Thanks,
Thank you very much. But for example, I have a big distribution system including lots of nonlinear loads. If I can't set both voltage and current, how can I get the correct magnetic field and electric field? Thanks,

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年3月7日 GMT-5 19:11
Is that mean I have to use CIR interface to build an equivalent circuit to simulate the Zbus?
Is that mean I have to use CIR interface to build an equivalent circuit to simulate the Zbus?

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年3月7日 GMT-5 19:20
Thank you very much for the reply. Do you have some similar example like apply voltage current and calculate related current and then study the electrical field or magnetic field? If you have similar examples, could you please share them with me?

Thank you very much,
Have a good one,
Bin
Thank you very much for the reply. Do you have some similar example like apply voltage current and calculate related current and then study the electrical field or magnetic field? If you have similar examples, could you please share them with me? Thank you very much, Have a good one, Bin

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年3月8日 GMT-5 04:06

Bin,

I recommend to check the examples in the application library to get more familiar with the basics.

Good luck
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Bin, I recommend to check the examples in the application library to get more familiar with the basics. Good luck Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.