Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mesh movement from one domain to another

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I want to model resin filling from one domain to another. However, I couldn't achieve to define the mesh movement from first domain into the second one. For example, for 1D analysis for the mesh velocity I define:
u_0*(x<=L)+0*(x>L)
where u_0 s filling velocity and L is the position for end point of second domain.
For 3D and/or complex geometries is there a way to define a condition like 1D case? I want to put a condition to check if the mesh is still in the second domain and stop the mesh movement when it touches any boundary of the second domain.

1 Reply Last Post 2009年11月2日 GMT-5 03:30

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年11月2日 GMT-5 03:30
Hi,

It can be helpful if you provide us the geometry of your model.
Also, you can use the stop condition in the solver parameter for stopping the mesh motion. You can set a minimal mesh size which represents the smallest element size that can be reached near the boundary of your second domain.

Cheers
Hi, It can be helpful if you provide us the geometry of your model. Also, you can use the stop condition in the solver parameter for stopping the mesh motion. You can set a minimal mesh size which represents the smallest element size that can be reached near the boundary of your second domain. Cheers

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.