Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametric sweep where the range of one parameter depends on the other

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am working on a model where a certain parameter, "tsupp", is only defined for a range of another parameter, "angle". Namely tsupp cannot be smaller than t0*cos(angle), where t0 is a constant. I want to do a double parametric sweep that sweeps through both "tsupp" and "angle", so I have tried to define it as follows:

angle - range(30[deg],10[deg],60[deg])
tsupp - range(t0*cos(angle),(t1-(t0*cos(angle)))/5,t1)

t0 in this case is 100nm and t1 is 130nm.

This, however, doesn't work. I think the range of tsupp is defined once for one angle, and when that angle changes, the range of tsupp is not updated, leading to a broken geometry. Is there a method that will allow me to sweep through both of these parameters?

Thank you in advance!

0 Replies Last Post 2017年5月31日 GMT-4 05:47
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Thomas Middelburg

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.