Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Formatting Figure Report

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Is there a way to format the images that are generated in a comsol brief report? When I generated the report the legend was overlapping with the figure, and some of the numbers on the scale were cut off.

1 Reply Last Post 2017年9月1日 GMT-4 08:25
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年9月1日 GMT-4 08:25
Hi Toby,

There are several factors that affect the figure contents. I will list three possibilities that might help you to get report images that are better formatted:

- The report image generation is geared toward images with an approximate 4:3 aspect ratio. Perhaps the Graphics window in your COMSOL Multiphysics session uses a different aspect ratio, which may cause some overlap.

- Generally, larger images provide better image quality. In the main Report node's Settings window, you can control the image size under Images. Try increasing the size to Large, for example.

- A third option is to use an Image export node under Results>Export in the model tree. In the settings for the Image node there are several ways to control the image size and the layout of the graphics in the image. You can then include that image in the report by adding an Export node in an existing or new Section of the report. You add it by right-clicking the Section node and choosing Model Contents>Export. In the added Export node, you can control if the image, when it is included in the report, should use the report's size and file format or the referenced image source's formats. Also notice that you can click Preview Selected to check how the image appears in the report without having to regenerate the entire report.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi Toby, There are several factors that affect the figure contents. I will list three possibilities that might help you to get report images that are better formatted: - The report image generation is geared toward images with an approximate 4:3 aspect ratio. Perhaps the Graphics window in your COMSOL Multiphysics session uses a different aspect ratio, which may cause some overlap. - Generally, larger images provide better image quality. In the main Report node's Settings window, you can control the image size under Images. Try increasing the size to Large, for example. - A third option is to use an Image export node under Results>Export in the model tree. In the settings for the Image node there are several ways to control the image size and the layout of the graphics in the image. You can then include that image in the report by adding an Export node in an existing or new Section of the report. You add it by right-clicking the Section node and choosing Model Contents>Export. In the added Export node, you can control if the image, when it is included in the report, should use the report's size and file format or the referenced image source's formats. Also notice that you can click Preview Selected to check how the image appears in the report without having to regenerate the entire report. I hope this helps. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.