Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Work plane of finite size

Jorge Prada Microsensors

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all!, I'm interested into split an object in two domains using a work plane, which passes through 3 vertex lying around a narrow neck. I would like the object to be cut just across that narrow neck. Nevertheless, when using a work plane as cut tool, it extends across other regions of the same object, where I don't want the cut goes through. Please, how can I restrict the cutting extend or how can I limit the work plane extension? Thank you!

-------------------
Jorge Enrique Prada Rojas

3 Replies Last Post 2017年10月27日 GMT-4 10:21
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年10月26日 GMT-4 13:51
Updated: 7 years ago 2017年10月26日 GMT-4 14:12

Hi Jorge,

You can draw a suitable object in the workplane and partition using that object, as illustrated in the attached file.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Jorge, You can draw a suitable object in the workplane and partition using that object, as illustrated in the attached file. Best, Jeff

Jorge Prada Microsensors

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年10月27日 GMT-4 09:45

Hi Jorge,

You can draw a suitable object in the workplane and partition using that object, as illustrated in the attached file.

Best,

Jeff

Thank you Jeff. It worked fine!

-------------------
Jorge Enrique Prada Rojas
>Hi Jorge, > >You can draw a suitable object in the workplane and partition using that object, as illustrated in the attached file. > >Best, > >Jeff Thank you Jeff. It worked fine!

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年10月27日 GMT-4 10:21

Glad I could help!

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Glad I could help! Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.