Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Rickwer Wavelet as an edge boundary load

Tatiana Stanichevsky Oreggioni

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am analysing the wave propagation on a 2D elastic medium.

I used as imput a force dependent on time having the form of a ricker wavelet on an edge boundary. I expect no residual deformations since everything is elastic, however when I plot the deformation on time, I get a considerable residual displacement. Can anyone see if I am missing something?

The domain is a rectangle (2x16) having periodic conditions on the sides. At the bottom a boundary load and at the top absorbing conditions.

0 Replies Last Post 2017年11月21日 GMT-5 10:25
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tatiana Stanichevsky Oreggioni

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.