Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to have COMSOL set a parameter to target a particular output variable

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am modeling a resistor and am interested in having COMSOL vary a geometric parameter in a solidworks model to maintain a set resistance value. I am running a parametric sweep of one parameter that will raise the resistace value of the part as I lengthen the feature, and need COMSOL to adjust another parameter in the model to maintain a set resistance value before moving on to a temperature sweep with that same geometry. Is there any good way to do this automatically in COMSOL? I am currently just manually inputting a guess for the geometric variable that will compensate for the change in resistance (in COMSOL via LiveLink) and running the first part of the study until I get a resistance value that is close, then running the second part of the study. Thanks in advance!

0 Replies Last Post 2018年2月27日 GMT-5 10:42
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Steven Lesher

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.