Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sequential simulations to model domain loading/unloading with media change cycles

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am running a simulation with three domains: one domain acts as a source of a chemical species (initial state set to fixed concentration C), one acts as a sink (initial state set to concentration 0) and the third, in the middle, loads from the source and unloads to the sink during the simulation.

I would now like to simulate several cycles of simultaneous source reloading and sink flushing (respectively reset to C and 0), while keeping the state of the middle domain from a simulation to the next simulation.

I do not really mind to simulate smooth transitions within source and sink domains since the time spent in practice to change the media is really quick, I am just looking for the simplest mean to achieve this in COMSOL.

Best, S.

0 Replies Last Post 2018年7月22日 GMT-4 07:23
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sebastien T.

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.