Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Flow in a bubble column reactor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Curious... Has anybody tried running this model? I am trying to build a modified 2D bubble column reactor based off of this model but I can't seem to get the COMSOL model to run. Using the models parameters and computing a time-step with the laminar bubbly flow model for 20 seconds is fine. I can get that to run, but then the instructions state to perform a stationary study for determining the time-averaged velocity field and volume fractions for introducing turbulence into the model. So, I turn on the K-E turbulence model and run a new stationary study but it fails to converge every time. I am wondering if I am missing a step or doing something wrong. I have been dealing with this problem for three weeks now and can not figure out the problem. Please help! This road block is holding me back from including mass transfer and then the transport of diluted species into this model and if I can't get the model made by COMSOL to run, there is no way I will be able to build my own model. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Nick

2 Replies Last Post 2012年7月2日 GMT-4 17:32
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nicholas Kennedy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年5月24日 GMT-4 14:47
Hey,

I'm Running into the same problem. have you figured out how to solve it. If yes could you please tell me what you did.

Thanks.
Hey, I'm Running into the same problem. have you figured out how to solve it. If yes could you please tell me what you did. Thanks.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年7月2日 GMT-4 17:32
I upgraded to comsol 4.3 and it works. Check out the model Flow in an airlift loop reactor, instead of the flow in a bubble column reactor. That model is old and out of date. Hope that helps!
I upgraded to comsol 4.3 and it works. Check out the model Flow in an airlift loop reactor, instead of the flow in a bubble column reactor. That model is old and out of date. Hope that helps!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.