Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

building a multicomponent gas mixture in comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello All,

I was wondering if someone could help me with building a multi-component gas mixture in COMSOL 4.2. I have my biogas composition of 66% CH4, 33% CO2 and 2% H2S and I need to define parameters in comsol for these proportions for modelling gas flowing through water in a bubble column reactor. If anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated. As of right now, I have CO2 flowing through water with no problem but I need to build a gas mixture and since the bubbly flow interphase only allows for one gas and one liquid I assume I need to build my own material with the proportions listed above. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to define it in the material builder.

Thanks!!

Nick

2 Replies Last Post 2013年12月9日 GMT-5 22:26
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nicholas Kennedy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年1月31日 GMT-5 12:27
I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to model a shell and tube heat exchanger flowing a reformate mixture from a Fischer Tropsche reactor.

I imagine it's as easy as defining the user defined material. But I don't think we can just define a bulk gas with certain properties as some of the constituents might precipitate out at different temperatures than the others.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Danny
I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to model a shell and tube heat exchanger flowing a reformate mixture from a Fischer Tropsche reactor. I imagine it's as easy as defining the user defined material. But I don't think we can just define a bulk gas with certain properties as some of the constituents might precipitate out at different temperatures than the others. Any tips? Thanks, Danny

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年12月9日 GMT-5 22:26
this is my problem too!
this is my problem too!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.