Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Noise in the calculated mass flux at boundaries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am modeling low temperature atmospheric-pressure dielectric barrier discharge plasma. I am using convection-diffusion equation for each plasma species. Boundary condition for these equations on a dielectric surface consists of drift diffusion flux of the species. I need an accurate calculation of the flux at the boundary; but I see noise in the flux plots versus time.
Could someone please suggest what I could do to eliminate this noise? I understand that flux is not postprocessed accurately, so I tried invoking weak ideal (and non-ideal) constraints on the convection-diffusion equations. But that did not eliminate the noise.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

0 Replies Last Post 2009年12月8日 GMT-5 13:58
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Meenakshi Mamunuru

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.