Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat transfer post processing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I have the following problem:

after solving a comparably simple heat transfer problem I want to evaluate the temperature distribution in a domain in such a way that I want to know the temperature range (min and max temperature) of the domain after I remove 10% of the elements of the domain with the coolest temperature and 10% of the elements of the domain with the hottest temperature. Any way to do this?

1 Reply Last Post 2018年10月16日 GMT-4 15:55
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年10月16日 GMT-4 15:55

Tobias,

here is a sketch of a possible procedure:

• integration of 1 in the domain gives you the total volume
  • integration of T<T0 gives the volume that is cooler than T0
  • adjust T0 until you arrive at the 10 % fraction
  • this T0 is the minimum you are after and you can use it, e.g. in a filter for further evaluations

This may be automated in a model method. There may be other more elegant procedures using component couplings and equations from the mathematics interface.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Tobias, here is a sketch of a possible procedure: - integration of 1 in the domain gives you the total volume - integration of T

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.