Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

using Coil Geometry Analysis Step

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I'm trying to find magnetic field distribution due to current flowing in a curved conductor with variable crossection shape and area. I know only total current flowing through conductor, and don't know current density distribution within the conductor, therefore I can't use External Current Density node to prescribe the current.

I found that a solution to this might be using coil feature with a Coil Geometry Analysis Step. I have added coil feature and Coil Analysis Step into my model and Comsol seems to find current density distribution in my conductor at Step1. However, it doesn't propagate it to the next Step2, where the magnetic field should be calculated. I still see zero magnetic field.

In the Step2 settings I have chosen the following settings for the Values of variables not solved for: Settings: "user controlled" Method: Solution Study: Study1, Coil Geometry Analysis

I was wondering if someone can point out how do i fix this problem or if there is existing comsol model where coild geometry analysis step in performed for 3d geometry?

Thank you!

0 Replies Last Post 2018年11月21日 GMT-5 15:29
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sergey Kuznetsov

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.