Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Some problems with parameters in module post-processing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Simulations in acoustic modules and solid mechanics modules have been done recently. I would like to ask some questions about the parameters in the post-processing of these two modules. There are some misunderstandings in this regard, I hope help and support.

Firstly, in the acoustic frequency domain, the sound pressure and sound intensity distribution on the whole model can be obtained by applying the sound pressure signal, but in the acoustic time domain interface, there is only the spatiotemporal distribution of sound pressure except sound intensity distribution. Why and how to solve this problem (maybe use the relationship between sound pressure and sound intensity to seek sound strength, is this correct? ie I=actd.p_t^2 /rho/c).

Secondly, in the solid mechanics module, the load direction is applied along the z-axis in the time domain (two-dimensional axisymmetric), and the calculation model is obtained to obtain the distribution of stress and strain. When extracting the velocity distribution at a certain point, there are several Different speeds which are not very misleading. I don't know what the specific meanings are, such as solid_vel and solid_utz. Assuming that solid_disp represents the total displacement, which one represents the slope of the displacement?

0 Replies Last Post 2019年3月20日 GMT-4 07:28
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 东东 郑

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.