Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol livelink + optimizer, error rebuilding geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

i use an imported solidworks geometry in comsol to optimize parameters. Due to 3D-sketches with splines, solidworks sometimes crashes when varying the length of an spline. Which is a problem within solidworks, I can reproduce it when using solidworks without comsol.

Thing is I when I open the false sketch and close it, the error disappears. So after the optimization fails (Even if "stop if error" is unchecked), i would like to continue from that point on. I can set the parameters with the best yet known objective and start a knew optimization, but comsol then does not know earlier iterations and starts from th begining. So I would like to fix the solidworks crash an continue from the step where solidworks crashed.

Kind regards,

finn

0 Replies Last Post 2019年12月25日 GMT-5 08:14
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Finn Bosholm

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.