Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation of Planets with different amount of gravity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi ? I am new in COMSOL! Can anyone help me I dont know where to start.

But i want to simulate all of our planet with different amount of gravitational force. Can anyone help me Iam at my 11th Grade and i am very eager to learn thanks for the help.

1 Reply Last Post 2020年2月20日 GMT-5 23:44
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年2月20日 GMT-5 23:44
Updated: 4 years ago 2020年2月20日 GMT-5 23:46
  1. in regard to getting started/familiar with Comsol Multiphysics, start with working through some of the supplied tutorial examples, if you can. And if you have someone else around who has used the software before, get them to show you what they know.
  2. What aspect of the planet would you like to simulate? There are many possibilities and readers here can only guess, based on what you said. For example, are you interested in modeling the Earth's motion around the sun? Perhaps you seek to explore the effect of the Moon on ocean tides? People reading this forum may be able to help you, but you will need to explain more about the problem(s) you want to study.
  3. The primary strength of Comsol Multiphysics is solving partial differential equations that express various laws of physics. These equations are solved subject to various initial and boundary conditions, which are essential to know, when solving them. You mentioned that you are in 11th grade. Have you taken a class in physics? Do you know what equations apply to the kind of problem you want to solve? Do you understand the meaning of the terms "initial conditions" and "boundary conditions?" Help us help you. Good luck.
-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
1. in regard to getting started/familiar with Comsol Multiphysics, start with working through some of the supplied tutorial examples, if you can. And if you have someone else around who has used the software before, get them to show you what they know. 2. What aspect of the planet would you like to simulate? There are many possibilities and readers here can only guess, based on what you said. For example, are you interested in modeling the Earth's motion around the sun? Perhaps you seek to explore the effect of the Moon on ocean tides? People reading this forum may be able to help you, but you will need to explain more about the problem(s) you want to study. 3. The primary strength of Comsol Multiphysics is solving partial differential equations that express various laws of physics. These equations are solved subject to various initial and boundary conditions, which are essential to know, when solving them. You mentioned that you are in 11th grade. Have you taken a class in physics? Do you know what equations apply to the kind of problem you want to solve? Do you understand the meaning of the terms "initial conditions" and "boundary conditions?" Help us help you. Good luck.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.