Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time Dependent Solver for Free Molecular Flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning,

I am new to this program, still trying to learn. My current goal is to model a pore with a single opening and see the time evolution of profiles of a free molecular flow.

I have found an existing model from the library, vacuum capillary, and decided to make a few changes from there. 1) I have added an additional time dependent study 2) I have replaced the vacuum with a wall

For each step, I have encountered different issues.

After implementing time dependent study, I see no change in flux/density/pressure over time. Even for a smaller time range, it did not make any difference.

After removing vacuum boundary condition and have (previously overridden) wall boundary condition restored, I see a flat profile over the entire region and that is for both stationary and time dependent studies.

Clearly, I must be doing something wrong here. I was wondering if anyone could guide me somewhere in the right direction, maybe another thread or an application gallery. Thank you.

Sincerly, Dustin

0 Replies Last Post 2020年5月28日 GMT-4 11:07
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dustin Chung

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.