Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculate the overlap integral of analytical and numerical electric field distributions

Erick Ramón Baca Montero

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to calculate the overlap integral between the calculated field distribution ewbe.Ey and a defined analytical field distribution E1, as in the following equation

Here, I defined E1 as a variable depending in the spatial coordinates and , then I defined an integration in a boundary of the domain, and tried to calculate the result in a global variable probe as

abs(intop1(conj(E1)(ewbe.Ey)))^2/(intop1(abs(E1)^2)intop1(abs(ewbe.Ey)^2))

Although the calculation seems to work, the result obtained is incorrect. What could be the issue here?

0 Replies Last Post 2020年10月12日 GMT-4 22:05
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Erick Ramón Baca Montero

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.