Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time dependent point heat source.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Community,

i have run into a problem. I want to simulate cooling from cold water injection in a fracture. I have build an according geometry.

The mechanical side is handled by "Darcy's Law --> Fracture Flow / Point Mass source" with the term:

N0 = -int5(t)*mat4.def.rho

where int5 is a time-dependend flowrate in l/s, which is defined unter "Component1 --> Definitions". This part of the model works very well.

I wanted to handle the thermal side by "Heat transfer in porous media --> Fracture / Point heat source" with the term:

Qp = mat4.def.Cp * int5(t) * mat4.def.rho * (T_inj-T)*-1

However, for some reason starting the computation always returns:

Undefined variable. - variable t

For some reason the function int5(t) works fine with "point mass inject" but not with "point heat source". Do you have any suggestions?

0 Replies Last Post 2020年10月15日 GMT-4 09:55
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Aron Gabriel

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.