Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

application of AC signal

Maria Eleni Mitzithra

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

i am working with "DC conductive media" of AC/DC module. For the same kind of geometry, i would like to apply an alternative current, i.e. sinusoidal. Do you know which module of AC/DC should I use?

Thank you in advance!

Marilena

1 Reply Last Post 2012年4月25日 GMT-4 04:50

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年4月25日 GMT-4 04:50
Hi,

it depends whether you are interested in induction effects or not. If not Quasi-Statics Electric will probably do the job. If you have to consider magnetic fields as well go for Quasi-Statics Electromagnetic.

Cheers
Edgar
Hi, it depends whether you are interested in induction effects or not. If not Quasi-Statics Electric will probably do the job. If you have to consider magnetic fields as well go for Quasi-Statics Electromagnetic. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.