Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

electrical circuit conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

i'm tring to studing the current distribution and juole losses in an indutor. I work with ac voltage sourge of 1000V with a frequency of 20kHz. i use an impedence boundary condition because my skin dept is so small. In my model i work with a lumped port connected with an electrical circuit. In the electrical circuit i define an voltage sorce and then an external I vs U (linked with my fem model). The model doesn't work and i get the the following error:"System matrix is zero".

Can someone help me?

Thanks
Nicola

2 Replies Last Post 2013年8月11日 GMT-4 09:48
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nicola Gagliardi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月11日 GMT-4 08:37
Hello Nicola

regarding the lumped port connected to the electrical circuit, I have the same problem,
i was wondering if you could inform me how to solve the problem, in case of finding a solution?

Sincerely
Behrooz
Hello Nicola regarding the lumped port connected to the electrical circuit, I have the same problem, i was wondering if you could inform me how to solve the problem, in case of finding a solution? Sincerely Behrooz

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月11日 GMT-4 09:48
Hi Nicola,

under the Stationary Solver node you have to specify Fully Coupled instead of Seggregated and you have to run a Direct solver instead of the Iterative. Then it solves without an error.

I should add that this is true in version 4.3b, in 4.2a you have to test it, I don't have it installed any more.

Cheers
Edgar
--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
Hi Nicola, under the Stationary Solver node you have to specify Fully Coupled instead of Seggregated and you have to run a Direct solver instead of the Iterative. Then it solves without an error. I should add that this is true in version 4.3b, in 4.2a you have to test it, I don't have it installed any more. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.