Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat Exchanger Temperature Not Changing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello. I am creating a counterflow double pipe heat exchanger. It is a steady state problem and the fluid are turbulent entering at different temperatures but same flow rate. There is a heat flux acting on the outer surface of the outer pipe. I can run the model with no problem, however, I notice that the temperature of the fluid stay constant, especially the inner tube. Days before, I was able to compute results that showed changes between the fluids temperatures but now it seems like there is no heat exchanging between the two fluids, except for the heatflux acting on the outer cylinder. Does anyone have suggestions on why my model is no longer exchanging heat between the cylinders? Also, I accounted for a wall thickness or ~0.5mm.

0 Replies Last Post 2021年3月19日 GMT-4 20:49
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Isabelle Dinh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.