Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Enforce symmetry in frequency domain mode analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I have been working on the simulation of the electrical impedance of a three-parallel wires setup in 2D frequency domain mode analysis configuration.

The result is shown here: Three parallel wires

The mode number is set to "2" as well as the "search for modes around" attribute. The color map shows the norm of the electric field, red arrows correspond to the electric field vector and white arrows to the B-field.

This is the mode that I am looking for - However, I would like to enforce a symmetry along the y-axis. That means, the outer wires are on the same potential, whereas the center wire is on a different one; Therefore, reversing the E- and B-field on either the left or the right wire.

Could you give me some hints how to enforce the symmetry?

Sorry for asking maybe trivial questions - COMSOL is quite a new tool to me.

Thank you and all the best, Lukas

0 Replies Last Post 2021年3月26日 GMT-4 06:18
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lukas Kamm

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.