Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to realize stent with comsol?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello to everybody,
I'm a student of Politecnico of Torino and i'm trying to realize a stent geometry with comsol (4.2a version).
Is there a method to realize it without using other cad as solidwork or autocad and so on?

Can someone helps me? I hope yes
I would be very happy for your help

Thanks for attention

Michele

5 Replies Last Post 2015年11月24日 GMT-5 08:37
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年5月15日 GMT-4 08:54
Hi

It should be possible with COMSOl CAD unit, if you start with a 3D tube (difference of two cylinders) and then create an extrusion ellipsoidal cylinder (or just a classical cylinder) with a radial axis that you duplicate radially 4-6 times and along the cylinder axis. then take the difference of your tube and all elpsoidal cylinders

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi It should be possible with COMSOl CAD unit, if you start with a 3D tube (difference of two cylinders) and then create an extrusion ellipsoidal cylinder (or just a classical cylinder) with a radial axis that you duplicate radially 4-6 times and along the cylinder axis. then take the difference of your tube and all elpsoidal cylinders -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年5月15日 GMT-4 09:49
OK thank you so very much Ivar.It's could be a good solution, i'm trying just now. Only just one another question: after having built the single cylinders to realize radially in my tube , how can i duplicate radially 5-6 times my cylinder before doing difference?

Thanks so much!
OK thank you so very much Ivar.It's could be a good solution, i'm trying just now. Only just one another question: after having built the single cylinders to realize radially in my tube , how can i duplicate radially 5-6 times my cylinder before doing difference? Thanks so much!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年5月15日 GMT-4 09:51
Hi

you have the copy or the move using the keep initial and you define a range or a comma separated series of values, this will duplicate it "n" times

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have the copy or the move using the keep initial and you define a range or a comma separated series of values, this will duplicate it "n" times -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年11月24日 GMT-5 07:31
hi. Teach me show in video stent
hi. Teach me show in video stent

Walter Frei COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年11月24日 GMT-5 08:37
It is also worth mentioning that the Design Module:
www.comsol.com/design-module
has extended functionality for creating complex parts. In particular, the fillet and loft functionality may be useful to you.
It is also worth mentioning that the Design Module: http://www.comsol.com/design-module has extended functionality for creating complex parts. In particular, the fillet and loft functionality may be useful to you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.