Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Defining a path for a heat-source by use of functions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone, I want to define a path for my heat source since it is moving on the surface. The path is definied with the given functions in x and y- axis.

start point is (0,0,0) if x=0 then x=Vt x if x=30 then x=-vt

and for y is if x=0 or 30 then y=0.1[mm] + y0
y if 0<x<30 then y=y0

in other words,
  It starts from 0 travels with the velocity of V in the x axis until it reaches the 30 [mm] then it adds 0.1[mm] to y value and travels with same velocity but in negative direction until it reaches x=0 and again it adds 0.1[mm] to y until it reaches the last point of the surface.
  How can I define my functions and which functions should I use?

Best Regards,
  Omid

0 Replies Last Post 2021年6月4日 GMT-4 07:58
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Omid Oveisi Oskouei

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.