Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dye sensitized solar cell (DSSC) simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to simulate the electrical behavior of a DSSC.

This kind of solar cell is made in a sandwich like structure.

First of all, there is a FTO glass like electrode. On this glass it is deposed a TiO2 layer, a dye layer is adsoberd on the TiO2, a liquid electrolyte is in contact with these two layers, and at the end a counter electrode close the system. The counter electrode is a platinized FTO glass.

I would like someone tell me how to start the model and how to register the electrical parameters (voltage and current).
What model do I have to use?

Thank you.

6 Replies Last Post 2015年6月1日 GMT-4 02:11

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年7月23日 GMT-4 04:18
Hi,

our group at ICP has been developing a DSC model. You can find a model description at www.pecsim.ch.

Greetings,
Juergen

I want to simulate the electrical behavior of a DSSC.

This kind of solar cell is made in a sandwich like structure.

First of all, there is a FTO glass like electrode. On this glass it is deposed a TiO2 layer, a dye layer is adsoberd on the TiO2, a liquid electrolyte is in contact with these two layers, and at the end a counter electrode close the system. The counter electrode is a platinized FTO glass.

I would like someone tell me how to start the model and how to register the electrical parameters (voltage and current).
What model do I have to use?

Thank you.

Hi, our group at ICP has been developing a DSC model. You can find a model description at www.pecsim.ch. Greetings, Juergen [QUOTE] I want to simulate the electrical behavior of a DSSC. This kind of solar cell is made in a sandwich like structure. First of all, there is a FTO glass like electrode. On this glass it is deposed a TiO2 layer, a dye layer is adsoberd on the TiO2, a liquid electrolyte is in contact with these two layers, and at the end a counter electrode close the system. The counter electrode is a platinized FTO glass. I would like someone tell me how to start the model and how to register the electrical parameters (voltage and current). What model do I have to use? Thank you. [/QUOTE]

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年2月10日 GMT-5 01:41
I am trying to model DSSC. there is a comsol paper describing the optical and electrical model. I am facing trouble in meshing the nano-meter sized layer where the glass and other layers are of mm range.
I am trying to model DSSC. there is a comsol paper describing the optical and electrical model. I am facing trouble in meshing the nano-meter sized layer where the glass and other layers are of mm range.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年2月10日 GMT-5 02:54
Hi.

Could you tell me the reference of the comsol paper?

Thanks a lot.
Hi. Could you tell me the reference of the comsol paper? Thanks a lot.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年2月10日 GMT-5 03:31
www.comsol.com/paper/optical-and-electrical-modeling-of-three-dimensional-dye-sensitized-solar-cells-14982

if u have trouble in downloading the paper, pls tell me. i ll mail you.
http://www.comsol.com/paper/optical-and-electrical-modeling-of-three-dimensional-dye-sensitized-solar-cells-14982 if u have trouble in downloading the paper, pls tell me. i ll mail you.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年2月10日 GMT-5 04:00
Hi, again Mohana.

I have problems to download it. Please, email me the paper if it is possible.

My email is jj.gallardo@uca.es

Thanks a lot.

Regards.
Hi, again Mohana. I have problems to download it. Please, email me the paper if it is possible. My email is jj.gallardo@uca.es Thanks a lot. Regards.

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年6月1日 GMT-4 02:11
Would like to get the paper. Please mail me at dileepvraj@gmail.com
Would like to get the paper. Please mail me at dileepvraj@gmail.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.