Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Temperature Dependent Electrical Potential

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have tried to make a temperature dependent electrical potential. The electric potential will have an initial voltage of 37V which will heat up the biological tissue. As the temperature of the biological tissue increases, I would like to sample the current temperature within the tissue, and use it to control the voltage level (i.e. temperature acts as a negative feedback to voltage, or V = 37 - 0.01T ). I have tried a few different things but none seemed to work so far.

Does anyone know how to implement this? Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post 2022年3月7日 GMT-5 13:04
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年3月7日 GMT-5 13:04
Updated: 2 years ago 2022年3月7日 GMT-5 15:06

Hi Zexi,

I assume you have a potential boundary condition somewhere in the model. Now you need to decide which way you want to sample the temperature. You can define a point probe or an average operator on some domain of interest. Now you can use the point probe value or the average to define an expression like 37 - 0.01*pointprobevalue in the potential BC.

Hope that helps. Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi Zexi, I assume you have a potential boundary condition somewhere in the model. Now you need to decide which way you want to sample the temperature. You can define a point probe or an average operator on some domain of interest. Now you can use the point probe value or the average to define an expression like 37 - 0.01*pointprobevalue in the potential BC. Hope that helps. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.