Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshextend error : "Cannot convert to int"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I tried to adapt the model "Generator sector dynamic" to my model (synchronous generator with magnets).
I program with Matlab and when I launch my program, everything seems fine until the call to the function "meshextend" and follows this error message:

?? Java exception occurred:
Exception:
com.femlab.jni.FlNativeException: Cannot convert to int

ElemTree syntax error
- Name: elgpspec

Now, I cannot really upload here the whole MATLAB code, so I'm not expecting any precise debugging help, but if someone could give me some ideas and things to check, that would be nice.
Thanks

Ronan

1 Reply Last Post 2010年2月11日 GMT-5 15:27

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月11日 GMT-5 15:27
I now did the same but with COMSOL only (after having exported the geometry through MATLAB and imported into COMSOL).

I followed exactly the step given in "Generator Sector Dynamic" but adapted to my geometry. So, for example, I didn't set any antisymmetry nor periodic point condictions.
When I try to solve it, I get the following error:
Error: 6170
Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: F_torquez_emqa
- Global scope
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: F_torquez_emqa

Even though I didn't forget, to generate variables for the force and torque, as described in the documentation of "Generator Sector Dynamic".

Attached is the mph file. Thanks for your help!
I now did the same but with COMSOL only (after having exported the geometry through MATLAB and imported into COMSOL). I followed exactly the step given in "Generator Sector Dynamic" but adapted to my geometry. So, for example, I didn't set any antisymmetry nor periodic point condictions. When I try to solve it, I get the following error: Error: 6170 Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: F_torquez_emqa - Global scope Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: F_torquez_emqa Even though I didn't forget, to generate variables for the force and torque, as described in the documentation of "Generator Sector Dynamic". Attached is the mph file. Thanks for your help!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.