Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

1D moving mesh Evaporation &Diffusion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I'm trying to model an evaporating interface. I have a 1D model with two domains, one water and one air. I want to model the evaporation of the water into the air and track the interface as material leaves it. I am currently using Transport of Diluted Species, Heat Transfer in Fluids, and the Moving Mesh Physics in my model.

I have been advised to use the mass flux from the Transport of Diluted species to drive the interface. Couple of problems I am having: 1. I don't see a variable for the mass flux in the equations view. I thought this was a built in variable for these physics options. Any ideas how I can access the mass flux to then use in a later physics step? 2. Moving Mesh. Both domains are selected for the transport of diluted species and heat transfer in fluids, When I get to Moving Mesh>Fixed Mesh it is already selected as both domains (I don't want this to be fixed) and I can't select the domains to set them to Prescribed Mesh Displacement. Any ideas on what is going on? Thanks,

0 Replies Last Post 2022年8月17日 GMT-4 13:33
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Cathleen N

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.