Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to make mapped mesh?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Modeling figure: the center of the square is a circle. Now I need to study the fluid flow and electrolyte outside the circle. Now we need to draw a mapped mesh.A mapped mesh with M uniform points along the azimuthal direction and N points along the radial direction is used in the simulation. the total number of mesh elements is chosen to be 600 000 in the current study.The smallest mesh size near the cylinder surface is 1% of the Debye length and then increases by 3% away from the cylinder. Any answers I will be very grateful.

1 Reply Last Post 2022年10月20日 GMT-4 10:17
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年10月20日 GMT-4 10:17

Hello,

I highly recommend Chapter 8 of the COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual, version 6.0, starting page 701. It contains many examples that you will find helpful. You can reach this manual, through File > Help > Documentation. This video in the Learning Center may also be of good use.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello, I highly recommend Chapter 8 of the COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual, version 6.0, starting page 701. It contains many examples that you will find helpful. You can reach this manual, through File > Help > Documentation. This [video](https://www.comsol.com/learning-center/building-the-mesh-for-a-model-geometry-in-comsol-multiphysics) in the Learning Center may also be of good use. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.